Oct 14, 2011

Kristin's Lasagna

OK so this is my recipe for lasagna as a person who does not like red meat or cheese :-)  BUT I think it ends up being lighter and healthier than traditional recipes, so that's a plus :-)  And tastes just as good in my opinion! 

I don't know what has gotten into me since we moved to our new house (domestic bliss?) but I am wanting to cook more and try new recipes! I EVEN joined Pinterest to find new ones!

As with all my recipes, no measuring needed, just do to your liking.

You need -
Lasagna noodles (I used Trader Joe's no boil noodles which are A-mazing and make it that much easier!)
Cooked chicken breast, chopped
Tomato sauce
Chopped white onion
Garlic
Italian seasoning
Parmesan cheese
Bread crumbs (optional)

All I did was saute the onion and garlic in olive oil, then add the tomato sauce, Italian seasoning and chicken and simmer for a few minutes.
In your baking dish, first put a light layer of sauce, then noodles, sauce mixture, cheese, noodles, sauce mixture, cheese, etc. until your dish is full. End with cheese and then I also added bread crumbs to make the top more crunchy.
Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.


In the future I may do a vegetarian version and add maybe roasted or sauteed veggies in place of the chicken.

It turned out so yummy, I might even be able to serve this to company!  ;-)

3 comments:

  1. my fiance JUST mentioned how he wanted lasagna one night soon. This recipe sounds delish and I love that its on the lighter side for a lasagna recipe! can't wait to make, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks so yummy!!! I've been hearing all about trader joes. we don't have them where I love. jealous. I love trying out new recipes that I find on pinterest too! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made some lasagna but mine had lots of cheese and some red meat :)

    Yay for pinterest- http://pinterest.com/amandapauling/

    ReplyDelete